Lead QA Engineer
We are currently hiring a Lead QA Engineer to develop and oversee the execution of our overall testing strategy.
Alchemy Technology Services provide core systems implementation and consultancy services direct to insurance companies. We partner with software providers to configure and release software on client sites.
The Lead Software Tester will be responsible for ensuring that the software configured by our Technical Analysts is fit for purpose and any bugs or issues are removed within the solution before deployment. Initially a hands-on tester you will be instrumental in building a test function within the organisation as we grow that meets the requirements of our clients and leading, developing and mentoring the team.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and be adaptable to our various client environments. They will have a solid background within a fast-paced business with experience using multiple testing techniques.
To ensure that the needs of the client, organisation and employees are met typical responsibilities and tasks will include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and overseeing the execution of the overall test strategy for each client project where required.
- Analyse user stories for validity and feasibility and develop test scripts from the user stories and other sources.
- Schedule the tests for execution and monitor, measure, control and report on the test progress.
- Continually monitor the product quality status and test results, adapting the test plan as required to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Ensure that the test environment is in place before test execution and managed throughout.
- Execute all levels of testing ( Unit, System, Integration, Acceptance and Regression)
- Support client test partners in carrying out testing activities ensuring that testing is conducted on multiple supported browsers and devices.
- Ensure full collaboration between testers and other team members and departments.
- Contribute positively to the team and the process to continuously improve our solutions to business challenges
- Ensuring the maintenance of test environments whilst developing best practices for data quality and consistency
- Establishing a testing function that meets the requirements of our clients.
Experience and Skills required:
- Degree level qualification in Computer Science, a related technology qualification or relevant experience.
- Ideally a relevant ISTBQ certification or equivalent.
- Experience of all aspects of testing, from planning to execution to documentation.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the professional services industry.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Proficient in Test Management Tools such as JIRA, Selenium and TestRail
- Significant experience with deployment tools such as Jenkins, GIT and Bitbucket.
- Experience with Agile methodology and working in agile teams.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to influence at a senior level.
- Ability to travel to client sites as required.
Jira, Selenium, TestRail
Please send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
EXTENDED Closing date: September 28th 2020